Monday, March 18, 2013

Coming in for a landing


Grounded (Up In The Air, #3)Grounded by R.K. Lilley

James and Bianca’s story draws to a close in the explosive conclusion to the Up In The Air Trilogy.

After a short but earnest courtship, Bianca can no longer deny her feelings for James, and though she’s tried her hardest, she can’t help but see that he cares deeply for her, as well. In a completely uncharacteristic move, she has put aside her misgivings and agreed to live with the enigmatic billionaire. Is her leap of faith the beginning of something wonderful, or is it too much, too fast?

As James and Bianca feel a growing need for each other that neither can deny, circumstances beyond their control intervene, trying to tear them apart. Amidst the ever mounting threat of a monster who wants Bianca dead, and the constant pitfalls of an indiscreet past that James can’t seem to escape, can these two passionate lovers manage to find their happily ever after?



My rate & take


Photobucket                      and 1/2             Photobucket



Heat Index  (3) ☼☼☼




This is the book that ends the trilogy....and I thought it was a bit light of real writing material to be a book all by itself. All the important plot details from this book could have easily been added to book two. Not everything needs to be a trilogy just 'cause three books make more money for everyone rather than two.

I have a few more rants about this book (this one actually applies to some parts of book 2 now that I am thinking about it). The first is the word 'yanno.' I get that it is slang for the words 'you know' but somehow I was really put on edge every time I saw it in print. I think my favorite English teacher (who did try her best with me) must be spinning in her grave on this new language development. My second issue is the amount of time spent talking about clothes. What people were wearing, what were in their closets, what was going to be in their closets, etc. It felt like the author was just marking word count to make an arbitrary book length.

Having said my peace above I am still glad I read it...I needed to know how my happily ever after went down after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment