Thursday, February 7, 2013

More of a fender bender


Collide (Collide, #1)Collide by Gail McHugh


A missed first encounter…

Colliding with a second chance…

On the heels of graduating college and trying to cope with her mother’s death, Emily Cooper moves to New York City for a fresh start.

While harboring secrets of his own, Dillon Parker takes care of Emily through her grief. Knowing he can’t live without her by his side, he’s sweet, thoughtful, and everything Emily has ever wanted in a man.

Until she meets Gavin Blake—a rich and notorious playboy who is dangerously sexy and charming as hell. Emily tries to deny the instant connection she feels, but Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome is not inclined to let go so easily. Recovering from his own painful past, Gavin will stop at nothing to win Emily over.

This unexpected encounter compels Emily to question her decisions, forcing her to make a choice that will destroy friendships, shatter hearts, and forever change her life.



My rate & take




Photobucket                AND                  1/2                    Photobucket



Angst. I get it. Every book needs some. But books that have an over abundance of it (yup, like this one) drive me a little batty with the repetitious nature of the same reservations demonstrated or verbalized over and over again. I had also wanted to see the characters more fully developed, at every personal snag in the road It felt like the author hurried to back pedal to explain the past tragic or emotional event in that persons life that caused them to reacted in the way they did. AND why? Why! Why would you trust the one person who has given you multiple reasons for doubt and then distrust the guy who only gave you one? I have a great capacity to suspend disbelief, but this book really took it on a long test drive. Oh and I should also mention this is book one of a series so I got dumped of the cliff, with only a small bit of information to hold on to.

Now that I have gotten that out off my chest I will say minus my issues, I did like the book. And when book two does come out I will consider giving it a go. It has two things going for it in my mind already...1) I still do care enough to want to know how it all ends and 2) I would like to see if the author has grown as a writer. Often I find (when reading through a series) I can see the progression as the writer comes more fully into the craft.    I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment