Thursday, February 21, 2013

Affirming what you love


I found this article,  "Stop Apologizing for What You Like to Read" and I just had to share.



I'd like to think I am passed the point in life where I feel the need to apologize or defend the things I love...but if I am being honest that is only partially correct. Say a stranger (or even someone I don't know well) asks me what kind of books I like to read I just might feel compelled to do that low voiced mumble thing while shifting my eyes to look for a distraction, or start talking about what I used to read.

I've had stints all over the reading map, spent years reading only literature, memoirs, travelogues, and non-fiction, for a time it's what fueled me. Eventually I found myself both bored and curious (not always a recipe for a good outcome in life but in this case it worked out very well) so I started exploring other genre's. Ever since I made that decision my reading life has soared in enjoyment. So why then am I reluctant to yell from the roof tops what I love reading right now?  I don't have that answer to that yet, but until I do I know I'll take any help I can get to keep reminding myself to cherish what I love, even if it's not for anyone else.


I Hope you have something in your life you'd like to shout about too! Feel free to leave a comment on whatever that might be.




                                            Liz Scott

   

No comments:

Post a Comment