Saturday, February 9, 2013

Crazy pattern


Crazy Love (Looking for Love, #2)Crazy Love by Nicola Marsh

All's fair in love...and matchmaking!

Sierra Kent doesn’t do love.
While she embraces the quaintness of her home town Love and delights in matchmaking her clients through her Internet dating agency Love Byte, she doesn’t trust her intuition when it comes to the one emotion that has repeatedly let her down.

City-slick Marc Fairley, CEO of LA's premier acquisition company, doesn’t have time for Love.
From the minute he enters the kitschy town he can’t wait to hotfoot back to LA with his deranged mother in tow.
Instead, he gets roped into the town's Love Fest hoopla, investigates the shady farmer his mom is engaged to, berates his butler for a mad crush on a brash Aussie waitress, and finds himself falling for the brazen red-head who continually baits him.
His life couldn't get any crazier.
Until he discovers in exacting revenge on his father and achieving his lifelong goals, he may lose the one thing he values most...

Can Sierra and Marc create enough sparks to send Love up in flames?
And prove that winning isn’t everything in the love stakes, it’s how you play the game.



My rate & take


Photobucket                       AND 1/2                      Photobucket



While this is only the second book in a row, it feels like I have gotten myself into some kind of pattern...the first part of the book is 'meh' at best, I get ready to get my claws out and rip it apart but then the middle comes along and things get a lot better. Then I find I am really liking the characters and caring what happens next. And I love that I could finally connect with the book, I just wish it could always happen for me right from the beginning. Ah well, that it happened at all is what I am focusing on. This was a sweet story made all the sweeter by the fact that I have a crush on small towns (the type that is maybe only real in books - where everyone cares about everyone else but never gets too nosy) and I could not stop myself from loving the town that is called Love and markets itself to those that have it and those that want it. In the end all was a happy ending for the story and my reading fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment