Friday, June 8, 2012

Failure to launch

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews. Check the blurb.

My rating: ♥♥

My summary: Loner woman who has hidden magical abilities works as a mercenary for hire helping others with their paranormal problems.

My take: This is book one of a series written by a husband and wife team, which I think is really cool. But cool points aside this story never sparked for me and was at points a painful slog. I so wanted it to get better...what it got was more tolerable near the halfway point. I wanted to make a connection so I could get comfortable and settle into the series. No happy ending for me here. The thing I found odd was that this book reminded me a tiny bit of Jim Butcher's series The Dresden Files, but without that special something.

No comments:

Post a Comment