Monday, June 25, 2012

Busy Weekend

Hearts in DarknessHearts in Darkness  by Laura Kaye


My rating: ♥♥♥


My summary: Usual boy meets girl, only this time it's in the darkness of a stalled elevator.


My take: This was an o.k. story but it was oddly missing the friction part where the pair split for a while due one or all of the following; past loves/insecurities/general misunderstandings.





Ride with MeRide with Me by Ruthie Knox


My rating: ♥♥ and 1/2 ♥


My summary: Boy and girl meet just before the start of a cross country bicycle trip.


My take: This book was enjoyable but lacked the spark I felt with About Last Night by the same author. For most of the book the pacing was fine but I did think a rather major part was wrapped up too quickly and with little explanation.





Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1)Anew by Chelsea Fine


My rating: ♥♥♥


My summary: It's been two years since Scarlet awoke alone in the woods with no memories other than her name.

My take: This book took a little time finding its groove, but once it did it unfolded nicely. This is book #1 in The Archers of Avalon series. Book #2 is titled Awry and will be next up on this review list.

No comments:

Post a Comment