Monday, June 11, 2012

Bared to June

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)Bared to You by Sylvia Day. The blurb here.


My rating: ♥♥♥


Summary: Imperfect girl meets equally imperfect boy. Lot of hot nights ensue amid their mutual bombshells from their past lives.


My take: If this book sounds familiar...it's because it is. Bared to You
has so many elements in common with Fifty Shades of Grey and Ms. Day even mentions Fifty and author E.L. James in her Acknowledgments section. I'm not surprised similar books are popping up (they always do when a hit comes along) but two other things were surprising to me. First, that Bared has so much of it's plot in common with Fifty, the plot took a while before it started getting its own legs. Secondly, that even in spite of the similarities, I did care about the characters in Bared and will be happy to read book two of the series when it comes out on October 2, of this year. I saw where another reviewer of this book warned others not to read this book right after they have read Fifty Shades of Grey....I second that, and even go further by saying maybe things would be better if a person where to put several books distance between Fifty and Bared...but my recommendation is to not skip either book.

No comments:

Post a Comment