Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Book hangover


17969237Stripped by H.M. Ward


The V Card. Virgin. Most of us want to punch that sucker ASAP, and hide the fact until then, but not Cassie Hale. Three years ago she frickin' covered hers in glitter and laminated the thing, proudly telling me that she's waiting for the perfect guy.

So when I see her half naked, tangled together, rolling around on the floor with another stripper, I'm kind of shocked. Okay, that's an understatement. I'm enthralled. I have to know what cracked her picture perfect world and landed her here, and I hope it's something horrible-an event that broke her the way she broke me. Because, that's who Cassie Hale is--the woman who stole my heart and crushed it in her hand.



Rate & take


Photobucket



This book had so much more depth than the blurb above gives it credit for, it was a bitter sweet story that will be continued in book two at a date yet to be named.

For those who have read other H.M. Ward books we were briefly introduced to the main male character of this book (Jon/Jonathan) near the end of Damaged 2, as the baby brother of the Ferro clan. In that book he seemed like a kind of lovable screw up/man whore, in this book we see that state of being is part his own doing but also a role that others would rather he stay in.

I know I don't need to say it, but I will anyway....I am SO looking forward to Stripped 2 so I can see where this is all headed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment