Friday, August 2, 2013

Some society


The Society of Sinners (Sinners, #1)The Society of Sinners by Charity Parkerson

Nestled high in the mountains...
The quiet community of Jackson Station is where everyone knows your name and...species?
Vampires have existed since almost the beginning of time, but not in the way we have been led to believe. These were not men cursed by the devil but warriors blessed by God to have great strength, agility, and eternal life.
Eternal life came at a price, the price of human blood.
Some chose to live within their own society; The Society of Sinners.
The Society of Sinners is the first in the new sinners series by Charity Parkerson introducing a paranormal world filled with vampires, werewolves, changelings, and God's greatest warrior.



Rate & take


Photobucket


Heat Index  1  ☼


Confession: I am a serial book buyer, a collector, a hoarder of e-books. I get two emails each day (check out 'Booky sites' above if you are interested) that list discounted and free e-books and there are several other sites I frequent to get recommends for yet more e-books!! The title above was purchased in one of my frenzies and then languished on the book carousel of my Amazon app, until this week.

Sometimes I have cover prejudice (you'd think by this stage of my reading life that would never be the case) and that happened here, I kept seeing this book when I wheeled around the carousel and thought, meh, it doesn't look that good, or it looks like it could be cheesy. Needless to say by the four skull rating above I was wrong on all my assumptions.

The book was filled with short stories but eventually we get established relationships with all of the characters. It was fun, light reading and it never got bogged down or into any predictable ruts. I wish all reading could be this fun and effortless.

No comments:

Post a Comment