Friday, August 30, 2013

Misleading rock


6538757Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley

Indy Savage, cop's daughter, rock chick and used bookstore owner, has been in love with Lee Nightingale, once bad boy, now the man behind Nightingale Investigations, since she was five years old. No matter what ingenious schemes Indy used to capture his attention, Lee never showed an interest and Indy finally gave up. Now Indy's employee, Rosie, has lost a bag of diamonds and bad guys are shooting at him. When Indy gets involved, Lee is forced to help. Complicating matters, Lee has decided he's interested, Indy's decided she's not. But she can't seem to keep Lee out of her life when she's repeatedly stun gunned, kidnapped and there are car bombs exploding (not to mention she's finding dead bodies).

Indy's best bet is to solve the mystery of the diamonds before Lee. Lee's challenge is to keep Indy alive and, at the same time, win back her heart.



Rate & take



Photobucket


Heat Index  3  ☼☼☼


The reasons I bought this book; I saw it recommended on another blog and it was deeply discounted on Amazon.

Because my book buying habit is quantifiable(y) large I do love a good bargain when I can get one. I am always doubly pleased when said bargain turns into a really good read, which was sure the case here. What I didn't expect was my falling in love with the whole whole slew of characters that populate this very entertaining story. I so want to be a part of their group! Well....most of the time anyway.

I had seen this book cover around cyber space more than once but didn't give it more than a passing glance because the cover did not inspire me (I know, very snobby of me, I am working on it though!) and the title also made me think this is a whole story about some crazed fan waiting backstage concert after concert.

Hello, I was so wrong yet again with all of my prejudices!!! Thankfully I got all that out of the way and just let the book take me on a great ride.

Another thing I found I enjoyed (and that kind of surprised me) was that the steamy scenes give you just what was necessary and left out most of the clenching, quivering, and pulsating details. An author who treats the readers like they have thinking capacities of their own, I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment