Monday, May 13, 2013

Wreckage


Wreck Me (Wrecked, #1)Wreck Me by J.L. Mac


Life can be cruel. People can be ruthless and evil. The world can be cold and uninviting. No one knows these things better than Josephine Geroux. By her own definition, she is a twenty-five year old “nobody with nothing,” and she is content to stay that way. Growing up an orphan has made her tough and indifferent to the people around her until she meets a strangely familiar man with a face that haunts her for reasons she can’t understand.

Despite the pain that will inevitably ensue, she makes it her mission to discover what parts of her tragic puzzle she is missing. On her journey to discovering why the she feels an alarming connection to an absolute stranger, her greatest fear is reawakening the demons and darkness from the past that will surely overtake her if she lets her guard down.

Little does Josephine know that the past should be the least of her worries. She is toying with a man who has already broken her heart once. She just doesn’t realize it.
Although she makes it a point to avoid interactions with others, Josephine’s life becomes entangled with the enigmatic stranger. Before she realizes it, she has given herself over to the one person who is close enough to wreck her.




My rate & take



Photobucket


Heat Index  3   ☼☼☼


This is book one of the Wrecked series, book two is out now (review to follow) and book three will be out this summer, and I think that may bring the story to a close.


From reading the first few pages I already had a very good idea of the main plot twist but that in no way halted my enjoyment, there was plenty of other things going on to keep my interest, like her mysterious connection to the hot stranger, and of course the stranger himself!  I found myself liking the leading characters so much that the minute I finished this book I was off to the second book...the only hitch is now I have to once again wait for the book that will give me the (HEA) happily ever after that I always look for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment