Friday, May 3, 2013

About the Boy next door


Obsidian (Lux, #1)Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.






My rate & take



Photobucket




This is book one in the Lux series and I loved it so much I jumped right to book two the minute I was done (review to follow).

Just being the new girl in a small town and a small town school can be enough to complicate a girls life royally, but when mixing with your neighborhood aliens it can get downright messy. Being forced to spend time with the hot boy next door is made worse with his bad attitude...but he protested a little too much for me to buy that he was hating every minute of his protection duty. With this title I got it all, good writing, a great dose of alien culture and angst-y boy/girl relations.

No comments:

Post a Comment