Monday, January 21, 2013

Proper English fix


The Rose GardenThe Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley

Eva Ward returns to the only place she truly belongs, the old house on the Cornish coast, seeking happiness in memories of childhood summers. There she finds mysterious voices and hidden pathways that sweep her not only into the past, but also into the arms of a man who is not of her time.
But Eva must confront her own ghosts, as well as those of long ago. As she begins to question her place in the present, she comes to realize that she too must decide where she really belongs.






My rate & take



Photobucket


The blurb above leaves so much of the magic out that I found in this book. It did take me a few pages to get into the book (I think because other books were distracting me) but once I did, I dropped everything else, including my family until I finished...It had that kind of hold on me. Just to give you an idea of all that is included in this book (and isn't in the blurb) there is time travel and travelers, smuggling brothers, love, death, history, a tea room, old friends and new....well that is some of what is in there anyway. All around an engaging read I enjoyed greatly.


On a side note I recently bought a large box of Red Rose Tea and in the large boxes they include a collectible figurine. They are currently on a nautical theme (which I was pleasantly surprised at) and I got the compass....so fitting to the smuggling angle to this story. Just for fun I am posting a picture of all of the figurines in the Red Rose Nautical line. I want the mermaid, the conch shell, the treasure chest, ah heck who am I trying to kid, I probably want them all!    :-D        Happy reading!! And tea drinking too if you are so inclined....books and tea go together so well.




No comments:

Post a Comment