Thursday, July 5, 2012

Two-For


Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) Dark Lover by J.R. Ward


My rating: ♥♥♥ 


My summary: A small group of warrior vampires known as the Black Dagger Brotherhood are tasked with protecting the average civilian vampires from a group known as the Lessers who are soul-less vampire killers. 


My take: I really like that this is yet another variation of vampire, the brothers are able to eat food, never kill humans for blood, and while they can't go in the sun they do not have to sleep during the day if they don't want to. This is book one of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and it was an enjoyable read and it had me wanting more to I will continue along in the series. Since I am now reading book two it looks like each book might have one plot point devoted to one of the bothers find his true mate.




Flat-Out Love Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park


My rating: ♥♥♥♥


My summary: New college student far from home finds her housing has fallen through, mom comes to the rescue after arranging for her to stay with her old college roommate. The story revolves around her host family and the unidentified past traumatic event that seems to hold them all hostage.

My take: I'm never one to discover the plot twist before it happens or figure out who actually committed the crime before he/she is revealed, but for some reason in this book I already knew by around page 30 what the big family trauma had been about. Even though I had that piece of the puzzle for a good long time before it was acknowledged, the story was still wonderful and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment