Sunday, July 15, 2012

Near thing


Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)Lover Enshrined by J.R. Ward  Book #6



My rating: ♥♥♥ and 1/2 ♥



My summary: The Brotherhood is threatened just as much from inside forces as from its enemies.


My take: It was close, this book didn't earn its extra half heart rating until the very end...when I had to crack open a fresh box of Kleenex. (Darn you J.R. Ward for jerking the heart strings once more.) In fact I found some of it rough going, one of the brothers is struggling with internal demons and after a while it crossed the line into outright whining, to the point that I would have loved to bitch slap him and tell him to put on his big girl panties and deal with his uptown problems.
As I am a veteran of many a book series I know it happens in all on them, you just don't find one of the books quite up to the mark. But no harm I still love the series.
Now that I have declared my love I need to make another declaration: that I'm skipping book #7. It focuses on a lesser character that I like but don't want to read 400+ pages on. And J. R. Ward is cool enough to fill in any important blanks I might have missed, so I am on to book 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment