Thursday, September 4, 2014

Alpha encounter



19489143The Alpha Group Complete collection (1-3) by Maya Cross


Sophia Pearce only has eyes for one thing; a partnership position at her prestigious Sydney law firm. But when a drunken bout of curiosity leads her somewhere forbidden, she meets Sebastian Lock, and in the blink of an eye, everything changes. Gorgeous, commanding, and radiating charm, he is exactly the sort of silver-tongued rake Sophia has sworn to avoid. Unfortunately, he doesn't care much for her promises. 

Every instinct tells her to run, but the chemistry between them is as inescapable as gravity. Soon, he's opening her eyes to a whole new world of pleasures, pleasures she never thought she'd enjoy.

There's just one problem. Sebastian is more than he seems. Between the famous company he keeps and the almost paranoid secrecy of his employers, he's a puzzle Sophia can't quite solve. Their passion for one another consumes them, but as Sebastian's secrets begin to unravel and lives are thrown into jeopardy, Sophia must answer one simple question. What is she willing to risk for love?



Rate & take




Photobucket


Heat Index  3 ☼☼☼

I thought I might be gambling a bit with this title - something about it made me think it would turn out to be too cheesy or just plain formula. Happily I was wrong. The plot kept my interest all the way through, I liked that the author mixed the intrigue with the heat.
I'm glad I got to read the three at one time because they just flowed so much better that way....and I didn't have any wait time. If you choose to read this title, once you are finished you can go to the author's site and sign up for her newsletter. They will then send you a link with a different ending to the book. This alternate ending is something I had thought of, but weighing both endings, I think the author chose just the right one to use in the final cut.




No comments:

Post a Comment