Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Adieu


I decided to get a little creative while highlighting some of my favorites from 2013. I selected from books that I gave a four or five rating. It was fun for me and nice to give the books one more mention.



  The year began with a secret revealed in a rose Garden where a black swan did dwell. There was talk of true love that would never go too far. Then at nightfall the frost settled in and the creatures came out.



S.E.C.R.E.T. (Secret, #1)     The Rose Garden  Black Swan Rising (Black Swan Rising #1)

True Love Story  Never Too Far (Too Far, #2; Rosemary Beach, #2)  Nightfall

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)  Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)




My thoughts became flat-out about love in all its damaged and twisted perfectionHow
no gem, be it obsidian, onyx, or opal could ever rock me of my obsession or bring me more closely entwined with my forever attraction to tales of love, redemption, and things that go bump in the night.





17611379  Damaged (Damaged, #1)  Damaged 2 (Damaged, #2)


Twisted Perfection (Perfection, #1; Rosemary Beach, #3)  Obsidian (Lux, #1)  Onyx (Lux, #2)


  Opal (Lux, #3)  Rock My Bed (Black Falcon, #2)  Obsession


Being Me (Inside Out, #2)  Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)  Forever Too Far (Too Far, #3; Rosemary Beach, #4)


I have made many the advanced arrangement so I didn't have to fight destiny for my reading time. I then made a toast to never falling into a tragic situation like ever being without a good book. I also want to make clear while I have never went so far as to lick my e-reader I have maybe drooled on it once...or twice. But we can keep that between us two, right?


 The Arrangement 8: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #8)  The Arrangement 9: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #9)  The Arrangement 10: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #10)


Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1)  Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #2)  Falling Into Us (Falling, #2)


  Tragic (Rook and Ronin, #1)  Eversea (Eversea, #1)  Lick (Stage Dive, #1)


There are many a society that would have me bound and make me walk in between the lines of manic rules against the reads that I love. They would tempt me and try to pull me away from the Alpha boys that I love so. They would take me to task for being unteachable. If things got too rough I would just go traveling to find pieces of home in with the Rock Chicks who have dangerous and hot nights.


The Society of Sinners (Sinners, #1)  Bound By Ivy (Devoted, #3)  Distorted Lines (Blurred Lines, #2)


Manic (Rook and Ronin, #2)  Tempt Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #2)  Try Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #1)



  Alpha Bad Boys: 7-in-1 Box Set  Take Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #3)  Unteachable



Pieces of You (Shattered Hearts, #2)  Bring Me Home (Shattered Hearts, #3) 


Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)  Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2)  Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick, #6)


Once there I would get all metaphysical and seek the origin of broken wings and strip away to the simple perfection in our stars. The light would dawn and there would be no signs of panic.


 Origin (Lux, #4)  Broken Wings (Hidden Wings, #2)  Stripped (Stripped, #1)

  Simple Perfection (Perfection, #2; Rosemary Beach, #5)   The Fault in Our Stars  Promise Me Light (Promise Me, #2)


   Panic (Rook and Ronin, #3)




How could it be scandalous to follow your heart and read what you love? To find a book that can touch you, entertain you, educate you, or do all three, is an amazing wonder. 


Scandalous (Scandalous, #1)   Beat of the Heart (Runaway Train, #2)   Touch Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #4)



HAPPY 2014 to Everyone!!!! I wish us all a joyous year filled with endless good reads!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment