Monday, October 21, 2013

Saved for later/Now was later


11870085The Fault is in Our Stars by John Green



Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.







Rate & take


Photobucket



I had been saving this offering until the time was just right, my stars aligned, and for it not to be summer. That time had arrived so I settled in and fell in love with the story, the characters, and the writing, not even minding the tears I shed for the singular beauty found in the acceptance of the impossible harshness of life. Yes, it was sometimes painful but a good kind of pain that reminds you to be more aware in your own life while you have the ability to. I'm glad I waited to read this and I'm glad I didn't wait any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment