Monday, November 26, 2012

Reading Nation


I happened upon this information while happily surfing book news....

                           It's   Book Week Scotland

While I live in the U.S. I harbor a secret (and probably totally unrealistic) crush on all things Scotland. This love began...of course...from books, every since I have been a kilt loving, bag pipe listening, Scottish festival go-er. Even going as far as tracing my 'people' back to Scotland (as I was told our family once hailed from there) but only got as far as the potato famine in Ireland....still pretty stoked I got that close to Celtic roots.

The universe must have known about this week before I did and conspired to make me a part of it because the book I am currently reading is by a Scottish writer. Review to follow of course, but so far so good! 

I love when any country has special events to celebrate reading on a national level. If you are interested in what Scotland has cooked up, hop on over and see for yourself.


Happy reading indeed.

                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment