Monday, November 12, 2012

Magic at an end


                                          Magic for a Price by Devon Monk
 
 
Magic For A Price (Allie Beckstrom, #9)Allison Beckstrom’s talent for tracking spells has put her up against some of the darkest elements in the world of magic, but she’s never faced anything like this.

Magic itself has been poisoned, and Allie’s undead father may have left the only cure in the hands of a madman. Hunted by the Authority–the secret council that enforces magic’s laws–wanted by the police, and unable to use magic, she’s got to find the cure before the sickness spreads beyond any power to stop it.

But when a Death magic user seeks to destroy the only antidote, Allie and her fellow renegades must stand and fight to defend the innocent and save all magic…
 
 
 
My rating & take
 
 
Photobucket      AND   1/2          Photobucket
 
This book represents the ninth and final book in the Allie Beckstrom series. I am sad to see it go as I have enjoyed every book along the way. I do feel satisfied in the ending but can't escape the feeling that I wanted more from it. The first 40 pages or so didn't feel like it had the author's touch and was repetitious in a way I do not recall plaguing the other works. After that it did fall into a better flow. For some reason I was expecting a bigger splash somewhere in this story, whether it was going to be a bigger conclusion to the action, or a big 'yeah we beat the bad guys forever' love scene between the two main characters, I can't say. But I do have my suspicions on my preference! While my socks didn't get knocked off, I am also not weeping in despair....so it's all good.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment