Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Power packed graves



25355104



Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet


Sometimes being the grim reaper really is, well, grim. And since Charley’s last case went so awry, she has taken a couple of months off to wallow in the wonders of self-pity. But when a woman shows up on her doorstep convinced someone is trying to kill her, Charley has to force herself to rise above...or at least get dressed. It becomes clear something is amiss when everyone the woman knows swears she’s insane. But the more they refute the woman’s story, the more Charley believes it.

In the meantime, the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, is out of prison and out of Charley’s life, as per her wishes and several perfectly timed death threats. But his absence has put a serious crimp in her sex life. While there are other things to consider, like the fact that the city of Albuquerque has been taken hostage by an arsonist, Charley is having a difficult time staying away. Especially when it looks like Reyes may be involved.

Just when life was returning to normal, Charley is thrust back into the world of crime, punishment, and the devil in blue jeans in this hilarious fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling series.


Fifth Grave Past the Light


Charley Davidson isn't your everyday, run-of-the-mill grim reaper. She's more of a paranormal private eye/grim reaper extraordinaire. However, she gets sidetracked when the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, moves in next door. To further complicate matters, Reyes is her main suspect in an arson case. Charley has vowed to stay away from him until she can find out the truth...but then dead women start appearing in her apartment, one after another, each lost, confused, and terrified beyond reason. When it becomes apparent that her own sister, Gemma is the serial killer's next target, Charley has no choice but to ask for Reyes's help. Arsonist or not, he's the one man alive who could protect Gemma no matter who or what came at her. But he wants something in return. Charley. All of her, body and soul. And to keep her sister safe, it is a price she is willing to pay.


Sixth Grave on the Edge


Few things in life can come between a grim reaper and her coffee, but the sexy, sultry son of Satan is one of them. Now that Reyes Farrow has asked for her hand, Charley Davidson feels it's time to learn more about his past, but Reyes is reluctant to open up. When the official FBI file of his childhood abduction lands in her lap, Charley decides to go behind her mysterious beau’s back and conduct her own investigation. Because what could go wrong?

Unfortunately, another case has fallen into her lap—one with dangerous implications. Some very insistent men want Charley to hunt down a witness who is scheduled to testify against their boss, a major player in the local crime syndicate. If Charley doesn't come up with an address in 48 hours, the people closest to her will start to disappear.

Add to that a desperate man in search of the soul he lost in a card game, a dogged mother determined to find the ghost of her son, and a beautiful, young Deaf boy haunted by his new ability to see the departed as clearly as he sees the living, and Charley has her hands full. The fact that Reyes has caught on to her latest venture only adds fuel to the inferno that he is. Good thing for Charley she's used to multi-tasking and always up for a challenge…especially when that challenge comes in the form of Reyes Farrow.




Rate & take


Photobucket



After book two I told myself, no more! No more full priced books for you! Yet there I was late one night perusing the Darynda Jones isle on Amazon, and lo and behold, what did I see? This little combo pack for me! The money saving part of my brain (I'll admit it has to be smaller than a pea) was overridden by the logic of saving by buying in bulk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, I bought it and hugged it - mentally of course, as I did not want to break my Kindle - and got right to reading. Only, every once in while I got stumped. They were speaking of things that had already happened...puzzling. I was still having a great time and making out what the action was all about, so I stayed in my happy reading bubble. When I did come up for air I realized in my zeal to save money I had forgotten to see which book I actually should be in. Turns out in my buying frenzy I never bought or read book book three in the series, and by this time I was way too invested in the current plot line to let go and back track. Instead I just used the authors excellent skills at explaining past plot points to guide me out of the unknown territories.


This is reading bliss folks! Go forth and find some reading bliss for you too.



No comments:

Post a Comment