Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Weak Witch



Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft by Jody Gehrman



15731796




Falling in Love, baking a magical cake, fighting an evil necromancer—it’s all in a day’s work for Audrey Oliver, seventeen-year-old witch-in-training. 

When her mother goes missing and her twenty-one-year-old witchy cousin shows up out of the blue, Audrey knows something’s gone horribly, dangerously wrong. Now it’s up to her to get her own magical powers up to speed before everyone she loves is destroyed by the sorcerer intricately connected to her mother’s secret past.



Rate & take


Photobucket           AND         1/2         Photobucket




This title is a YA title, however that is no excuse for weak writing. I have read some great YA, and this is not it. It was a lot of monologuing angst with not a lot of plot action. 

Now having had my negative say, I will share with you there was one element of this book that kept me going right into book two. The relationship between our main female lead and a certain young man. I wanted to see this play out, so I am off in book two. Review to follow. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the writer to grow thus giving me something better to read and enjoy.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment