Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Changing up



Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child


67035



The book that started the New York Times bestselling collaboration of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Just days before a massive exhibition opens at the popular New York Museum of Natural History, visitors are being savagely murdered in the museum's dark hallways and secret rooms. Autopsies indicate that the killer cannot be human...

But the museum's directors plan to go ahead with a big bash to celebrate the new exhibition, in spite of the murders.

Museum researcher Margo Green must find out who-or what-is doing the killing. But can she do it in time to stop the massacre?


Rate & Take


Photobucket

I got onto this book series from our awesome, book-loving, intern at my job. He had read one of the later books in the series and reported it was enjoyable and worked well as a stand alone. I decided to read up on the series to see if I would jump in where he did or if I should begin from square one. Who was I kidding?  My OCD would not allow me to go willy-nilly to some book in the teens of the series, I had to start where it all began. I was hooked from the first by the field expedition that is our opener. I was never bored, nor did I feel the plot lagged, what I did feel was that the characters got the most basic of treatments, I wanted more depth and hope I will get that in book two. Also the cheese factor was heightened due to a hard-boiled cop that is one of the main characters. But he did add to the overall color of the ensemble, and it doesn't hurt that I am a fan of reading about, "things that go bump in the night".



No comments:

Post a Comment