Saturday, September 22, 2012

Retro Read


All Creatures Great and Small
 

All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot


My rating

Photobucket


 My summary

This book is about the veterinary experiences of the author just out of college and beginning to assist at a country practice.
 
My take

The stories in this book take place in the 1930's but the writing never feels dated, it's just as charming and fresh as if it were written about a more recent era. The odd ball characters and their strange behavior and ideas are very entertaining as are the missteps of a vet that finds himself in so many new situations, new to an area, new to assisting in a practice, and new to using his academic knowledge in the very real world of country farm life. I was happy to have come across this lovely read.





1 comment:

  1. I found that book at a garage sale when I was a teenager, read it and loved it!

    janelwashere - Follow Me #6

    ReplyDelete